At ‘Rancho Washikemba’ horse ranch Bonaire there are several breeds, an introduction:
– Allwreckdup (Tango) ,an American Thoroughbred gelding, born in Maryland USA, perfectly for dressage, jumping and trail riding
– Marybell (1.45m), a Paso Fino mare, born on Bonaire, ridden English style in the arena and with just a rope-halter on trail riding
– Blaze’s Joseph (Blaze), an American Thoroughbred gelding, born in Florida USA, perfect for dressage
– Poco Blonde Princess (Poco), a Quarter Horse mare, born in Florida USA, trained western style, very sweet for and a very good trail horse
– Sophia First of July (Sophietje), a Paso Fino mare, daughter of Marybell and born at our ranch, for the more experienced riders on trail rides, ridden with just a rope-halter
– Zorro, a Paso Fino / Shetland pony cross gelding, born and raised on Curacao. He’s so cute but a macho, keeps his herd of mares together!
Of course they are all healthy, well trained, well behaved and like their job carrying people!
Twice a day, the ones who need it get pellets from Dommelsche Watermolen horsefood, and all of them do get mixed grass, lucerne and high-density grass, all imported from the Netherlands. Once a day, everybody gets a vitamine and mineral balancer from Pavo. All day long they can eat Hippo hay. Our horses only drink fresh water.
We equip the horses with an English saddle and except for Poco, all our horses are ridden bitless, in the ring and on the trails. Four of our horses wear horseshoes or leather hoof-boots of Cavallo.
We don’t use ‘Paso Fino bits’ or hackemores!